Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Crock-Pots Are A Blessing

Our Crock-Pot Is A Blessing
Written by Amanda Hawkins








  Dominic and I bought a Crock-Pot a couple months ago, and finally just started using it.

  The first thing we made together, was a pot roast. It turned out tender, mouth watering, and just amazing.


  The second thing we made was a batch of Chili Mac that I probably shouldn't talk about. I cooked it for way too long, and the macaroni turned gummy and gross. Haha, what was I thinking? But that was no fault of the Crock-Pot. 

  We are now learning to use the Crock-Pot for almost every meal throughout the weekdays, because when we come home from work, it's very nice to have a hot home cooked meal. 

  We found that without the Crock-Pot, we were going out to eat all the time throughout the work week, because we didn't feel like making dinner when we came home, we just wanted to relax and spend time with one another.

  As I was cleaning and putting away just the three dirty dishes left from the slow cooker meal that first day we made the pot roast, I realized that the Crock-Pot is a blessing.
  
  We are no longer going out to eat all the time and wasting money that could be put towards more important things. We are learning to use the slow cooker together, which is great bonding time, and I get to please my husband with a great home cooked meal every night.

  Last night I made stuffed cabbage rolls in the Crock-Pot.

  They turned our great as well!

  I would highly suggest for every wife, husband, and busy family, to invest in a slow cooker. It has been a blessing for Dominic and I thus far, and will continue to be as we learn to make new meals together.

  



 

2 comments:

Comments